To make your marketing work for you, it’s important to have a plan that you can use to help grow your customer base and business in a manageable way.
Now, no marketing tools will work if you don’t have a quality product or service to back you up. But if the internal reality of your product or service is amazing, then it’s imperative to make that external perception match.
At the risk of sounding simplistic, here are the three most important start-up marketing tools you need to get and keep new customers.
1. In-person visit (or zoom meeting)
It’s essential you meet with customers/clients in person whenever possible. This shows you respect them and take the time to work with your clients to give personal attention to each of them.
2. Follow-up letter
Always take a moment to send a follow up letter to summarize conversations or new agreements, and to thank them for taking the time to meet with you. Likewise, you should always send thank you letters or small gifts to partners you find success with.
3. Phone call
Use a telephone call to follow up with them to talk again about the matters you talked about in your meeting and offer any assistance you can to help their business run smoothly and more successfully.
Now, coupled with those three marketing tools, here are the key steps for putting together your start-up marketing tools:
- Research potential customers, buyers, competitors and their preferred methods of distribution.
- Talk to potential customers so that you can take a hard look at your product from a customer’s perspective and see what it needs to be successful.
- Follow up with your 3-step process from above.
- Develop systems for contact follow through, quality control standards and customer service.
- Develop post-sale follow up system to keep lines of communication open is customers and build on your current relationship which increases future purchases.
Using these tools, you can put together a start-up marketing plan that can be used to help grow your customer base and business in a manageable way.
* * *
Let us know if we can help you with a FREE test drive of the most comprehensive system of marketing tools and resources.